VEGA SE (VEGA Screen saver Edition) is a Windows screen saver that when downloads and shows the images from the Picture Gallery managed by VEGA WE. The main features are:
- Multi-monitor support (e.g. Matrox DualHead®). In each monitor a different image is shown.
- Support for 16:9 or 16:10 monitors: the original picture aspect ratio is preserved.
- Preview in Display Properties control panel.
- Built-in setup.
- Uninstallable from Control panel as a normal Windows application.
- It works also if the Internet connection isn't available (the slide-show is not performed).
2. System requirements & availability
To work properly, VEGA SE requires:
- PC with 32 bit Windows (9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, 7) or 64 bit Windows (XP x64, Server 2003 x64, Vista x64, 7 x64).
- Internet connection.
- Audio card and speakers.
VEGA SE is available for free:
Click here to download VEGA SE
3. Installation & configuration
VEGA SE has a built-in setup: to run it, double click on VegaSE.exe and the screen saver will be installed in your operating system directory. The VegaSE.exe is not more required to run the screen saver and thus it can be removed or archived. After the installation procedure, the Display Properties control panel is shown in which is possible to change some screen saver parameters. The standard options are directly accessible, but to configure the VEGA SE specific options, you must click the Settings button. In the VEGA SE configuration windows, you can enable/disable the background music, change the music volume and the cross-fade speed between two pictures, enable/disable the picture download from the remote server, the interval time between two pictures, the server URL and enable/disable the randomization of the picture sequence.
To test the screen saver configuration, you can see the small preview in the Display Properties control panel or click the Preview button that starts the screen saver at full screen.
To uninstall the VEGA SE, remove it by the control panel as normal windows application. It will be requested to restart the system. This operation is especially required by Windows 9x and ME.
4. Copyright & disclaimers
All trademarks and software directly or indirectly referred in this document, are copyrighted from legal owners. VEGA SE is a freeware program and the Authors accept no responsibility for hardware/software damages resulting from the use of these packages. No warranty is made about the software or its performance.
is a software developed in 2007-2012
by Alessandro Pedretti & Giulio Vistoli
All rights reserved.
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche "Pietro Pratesi"
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Mangiagalli, 25
I-20133 Milano - Italy
Tel. +39 02 503 19332
Fax. +39 02 503 19359